Sunday, October 30, 2016

The day I accidentally stepped on a snake!

It's not everyday that you get to be surprised by the unexpected presence of a "scary" animal by this I mean a long, wide snake. Just last night I decided to take a walk along our street after dinner which I really do so in the past. I consider this my exercise already hahaha. So I was walking for almost an hour, enjoying the breeze of the wind and my new playlist when I felt like I stepped on a rock. Normally I don't stop and just continue walking along but thankfully this time I stopped. I was shocked to see that I actually stepped on a snake! It was a big one not the usual eel like snake that I've already seen in our village. At first I couldn't believe it because what in the world would a snake be doing in the middle of the road! 😓 But then its head moved and I instantly turned and ran back to our house as fast as I can. I even looked back to make sure it was not chasing me. I was in a panic state already and was very relieved to reach home. It took time before I got to settle down. Told my family the whole story and they couldn't believe it either! Called the guard also so they can check it out. For a moment I considered that someone might just be pulling a prank on me cause it's almost Halloween - I think I just watch a lot of movies!

I'm just very thankful that the snake didn't harm me, that I was able to stop the moment I stepped on it, that it didn't chase me! I know things could have turned out differently and just the though of it gives me a scare :( Thank you Lord for protecting me during this unexpected moment ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment